Christian Puttlitz, PhD
Department Head (ME) & Professor or Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering
Areas of Collaborative Interest:
Dr. Puttlitz and his team have global interests in how engineering mechanics can be applied towards solving orthopaedic-related problems. These interests typically include both experimental and computational modeling in order to better understand the underlying tissue-level mechanics and related mechanobiology. Current areas of investigation in his lab include non-linear viscoelastic modeling of soft tissues, technology development for prediction of fracture healing outcomes, and additive manufacturing for scaffold and regenerative medicine application.
Please see the Orthopaedic Bioengineernig Research Laboratory Website for specific collaboration needs.
Select Issued and Published Patents
- US20210131785A1: Method and system for measuring deflections of structural member at multiple locations using multiple antennae
- US10674954B2, WO2019191725A8, US20210033507A1: Loading device for measuring stiffness of structural member over time, monitoring system, and method thereof
- US10892558B1: Method and system for measuring deflections of structural member at multiple locations and antenna thereof
- US10641664B2, WO2018195437A1, EP3612810A4: Displacement and deformation monitoring method and system without using any strain sensor, and components thereof
- US9636149B2: Pedicle Screw Assembly and Dynamic Spinal Stabilization Devices Incorporating the Pedicle Screw Assembly
- US8945185B2, US9603633B2, US9226779B2, WO2012106013A1, WO2012106014A1: Interspinous spacer devices for dynamic stabilization of degraded spinal segments
- ES2557496T3, WO2010028077A1: Microelectromechanical system sensor used in the biological field (BIOMEMS) and related devices and procedures
Patent list generated using Google Patents; Last updated on March 17, 2022.