Plasmid to Produce Recombinant SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid Protein
Available for Licensing and Collaboration
At A Glance
Researchers at Colorado State University have developed a plasmid and purification protocol for the expression and purification of a soluble SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein for use in diagnostic assays, in response to the SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 outbreak.
- Bacterial expression plasmid encodes a bacterial codon-optimized fragment of the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein
- Plasmid was sequence verified
- Bacterial expression protocol can produce monomeric nucleocapsid protein (as confirmed by mass spectroscopy) with greater than 95% purify
- Purified nucleocapsid protein has been tested by collaborators for antigenicity in mice immunized against the recombinant protein as well as bats infected with SARS-CoV-2
- Protein expressed and purified from this plasmid is antigenic
- Protein can be used for ELISAs as well as other assays to indicate presence of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antibodies in patient samples
Benefits / Applications
- Plasmid can be licensed for in-house production – allows for larger amounts of antigen for diagnostic testing
- SARS-CoV-2 nucleoprotein is a major diagnostic antigen for detection of active infection and immunity
Last updated: April 2020
Add keywords or various names of inventors here (text is hidden)
#CSUInvents – #TechTuesday! In response to the #sarscov2/ #covid19 outbreak, researchers at Colorado State University, department of CSU Microbiology, Immunology & Pathology have developed a plasmid and purification protocol for the expression and purification of a soluble #SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid #protein for use in #diagnostics. This nucleoprotein is a major #diagnostic antigen for detection of active #infection and #immunity. Plasmid available for #licensing.