Selection of Yellows
Available for Licensing
David Holm, Director
At A Glance
Yellow potatoes have skins and flesh that range from pale yellow to golden yellow. Typically these potatoes are round to slightly oblong and their flesh has a delicious buttery flavor.
Reference: Per Individual Variety
Advanced Yellow Selections Available through CCPGA
Vista Gold (CO05037-3W/Y: AC99330-1P/Y x CO97227-2P/PW)
- A fresh market specialty with white skin and yellow flesh. It has very high yield potential and a medium-early maturity. The attractive oval tubers have a small size profile and are resistant to internal and external grade defects.
- Usage: Fresh market specialty
- Plant: Medium vine size, semi-erect plants with light purple flowers
- Maturity: Medium-early
- Tubers: Oval tubers with white skin and yellow flesh. Tubers are resistant to blackspot bruise, growth crack, second growth and hollow heart.
- Yield Potential: High (avg. 45 cwt/acre) and 55% of US No. 1 tubers
- Specific Gravity: Medium (1.079)
- High yield potential
- Attractive tuber type
- Small tuber size profile