LAUNCHPAD works with CSU faculty, researchers and staff who have an innovation that may be the foundation of a startup company.
LAUNCHPAD is a CSUV program that works with founders from idea through formation and launch of the company. First steps focus on evaluation of intellectual property, technical readiness level, and product-market fit to confirm that the best path to market is as a startup rather than a license to an existing company. Next steps focus on completing a license to the technology, choice of legal entity, team formation, business plan, and funding strategy.
Finally, we work with the startup principals to identify resources from the region’ entrepreneurial community that may fill gaps and optimize the newco’s potential to succeed. Together, we hope to accelerate innovation to the market for maximal societal and economic impact, and personal gratification.
LAUNCHPAD services include:
- workshops and tools to help evaluate and accelerate potential university startup companies,
- unique access to mentors and advisors in Fort Collins and the Front Range needed to address specific startup needs throughout development,and
- guiding startups to accessing capital via private capital, revenue, partnerships and grant opportunities.
The FUEL program is designed to help CSU innovators access funding to accelerate commercialization of innovations developed at CSU. Each academic year, the FUEL program will select a cohort of CSU inventors that are at an early stage of development and are needing R&D funds to continue to develop their innovations. The FUEL program incorporates the Advanced Industries Proof of Concept grant program that is provided by the State of Colorado and administered through CSU Ventures.
Support consists of two essential components:
- R&D Seed Funding – up to $100K for up to 2 years of support.
- Commercialization Workshops – R2M, Fund, and Pitch to increase the potential for success.
The FUEL program application process is now closed.
R2M (Research to Market) is intended to ensure product market fit for each funded team. R2M leverages proven methods to clarify customer problems in specific markets and helps teams optimize R&D strategies to enter those markets. This program includes workshops, intensive classroom instruction, as well as $3K travel grants available for customer discovery.
Next R2M opportunity:
- December 12th, 2019- FUEL Prep Workshop II- What is R2M?
- January 15-17th, 2020- Research to Market (R2M) Introductory Meetings
- February 12-13th, 2020- Research to Market (R2M) Closing Meetings
Learn critical strategies to attract Federal SBIR/STTR funds, State of Colorado Early Stage Capital and Retention funds, as well as Investor opportunities. Hear from others that have successfully funded their enterprise and work directly with them in one-on-one or small team workshop engagements to develop your funding strategy.
Next Funding Workshop opportunity:
- March 3-4th, 2020- Funding your commercialization path workshops
Learn how to best prepare a story and pitch it. You will engage in a hands-on immersive approach to tailor your pitch to specific funding audiences and receive advice from startup professionals and investors.
Next Pitch Workshop Opportunity:
- Weeks of April 7th and April 14th, 2020- Pitching Workshops, Sessions 1 and 2 (Date TBD)
Active CSU Startup Companies
For more information about upcoming LAUNCHPAD events or how LAUNCHPAD can guide your startup, please contact us.